AC41003 Multimedia Audio Mini Guide
For the full module guide see AC41003 full guide
For the module web site visit http://www.computing.dundee.ac.uk/staff/irmurray/speelist.asp
The Module Co-Ordinator for this module is Dr Iain Murray.
If you want to talk about an aspect of the module, or your work on it, please make an appointment to see one of the lecturer(s):
Dr Iain Murray, email@example.com, 2.21 QMB
If you use email, please include "AC41003" in the heading.
Module Content and timetable
|Four||Introduction / Acoustics and music|
|Five||Music / Human speech and hearing|
|Six||Human speech and hearing / speech sciences|
|Eight||Signal processing / Speech recognition|
|Ten||Audio recording, transmission and analysis|
|Eleven||Human factors of speech technology|
Assessment and Course-Work
Coursework counts for 20% of the final module mark.
The final degree exam counts for 80% of the final module mark.
|C/W No.||Title||Format||Handed out||Due Date||When to do||Effort Expected||Return Date||%|
|AC41003.1||Lab Report||Written report||Week 4||Week 6||Weeks 4-6||8 hours||End of Week 8||8%|
|AC41003.2||Research Report||Written report||Week 4||Week 10||Weeks 4-10||12 hours||Week 12||12%|
Lecture slides are available for all lecture topics. However, you will be required to do further reading to develop a broader, deeper understanding of the subject.
Students should make themselves familiar with sites linked from the course web site.
Format: Title, Author, Publisher, ISBN.
- Speech Synthesis & Recognition, John Holmes & Wendy Holmes, Taylor & Francis, London, 0748408576.
- Speech Science Primer, GJ Borden, KS Harris & LJ Raphael, Williams & Wilkins, London, 0683009443.
- A Simple Approach to Digital Signal Processing, Craig Marven and Gillian Ewers, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 0471152439.
- Speech and Audio Signal Processing, Gold B and Morgan N, John Wiley & Sons, 0-471-35154-7.
- HAL's Legacy, David Stork (Ed.), MIT Press, 0262193787.
- Computer Music Tutorial, Curtis Roads, MIT Press, 0262680823.
- The Cambridge Encyclopaedia of Language, David Crystal, Cambridge University Press, 0521424437.
For the formal module specification see AC41003 Multimedia Audio Module Spec 12-13.docx