tayside orienteers - welcome!
Welcome to the web pages of Tayside Orienteers, the orienteering club for Perth & Kinross, Angus and the City of Dundee.
Latest Club News
- Christmas Score 2013, Dunkeld, Sunday 8th December 2013 - details of this year's Christmas Score event and Christmas Lunch are now online, plus online entries are now open until Sunday 1st December.
- Scottish Score Championships 2013, Balkello, Sunday 3rd November - Thankyou to everyone who came to support the event, and to the Tay team for organising! Provisional results are now available.
- Final Details, Deuchny, Sunday 13th October - provisional results are now available from today's Local Event at Deuchny on 13th October. Thanks to everyone who came, and thanks to Jim Martin for producing an excellent set of courses.
- New map, new area! Hill of Alyth, Sunday 8th September - thankyou to everyone who supported our event yesterday, ane enjoyed a new area on an excellent day. Results and Planner's Comments now available.
- Orienteering at Magdalen Green, Dundee, Saturday 7th September - As part of the fundraising activities of The Friends of Magdalen Green to redevelop Roseangle Play Park, we've been asked to put together an orienteering activity on Saturday 7th September at the Green. It will be a fun quiz type activity aimed at families and children - ideal if you'd like to try walking or running round the park with a map in aid of a good cause. More details on the event Facebook page.
- Scottish 6-Days, Moray 2013 There was a large club presence at Scottish Orienteering's biggest event, the biennial Scottish 6-Days, which finished yesterday (3rd August). Club members competed on six different, but technically very challenging forests across Moray and Nairnshire, and helped organise Day 3's race at Culbin, ably overseen by organisers Davie Frame and Elaine Gillies. See how club members got on - Moray 2013 results.
For a full list of news items, visit the Club News page.
Take the Tayside Orienteers Woodland Challenge!
If you're new to orienteering and want to try out mapreading in one of Tayside's beautiful woodlands, try the
woodland challenge - just choose your location, buy a map and go whenever you like.
For orienteers looking for physical and technical training, the Woodland Challenge also presents a great opportunity
to train in Tay territory.
Woodland Challenge - more details.
Details of our 2013 fixture list will be available on the fixture list, which gives details of forthcoming events being held by Tayside Orienteers, and other opportunities for orienteering in Tayside and beyond.
Next event: - Christmas Score 2013 at King's Seat and Dunkeld House on 8th December.
Also upcoming: - February 14 2014 - Scottish Night and Scottish Sprint Championships weekend.
Results of events held by Tayside Orienteers since 1999, and links to other event
Get in Touch!
Contact Us! if you would like more information about the club or
orienteering in general, find all the contact information you need here.
New to the Club, or new to orienteering?
- About the Club
- Find out the essential information about Tayside Orienteers, including how to join the club
- A brief introduction to Orienteering
- This section will give you an outline of what orienteering is all about, and point you to some useful on-line
resources where you can find out more.
If you have any problems or queries regarding this page or its contents, contact David Sloan - email: sloan758 @gmail.com